[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
How to Double Your Typing Speed : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

How to Double Your Typing Speed

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
RyanT
Private E-1

How to Double Your Typing Speed

Postby RyanT » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 am

Hey guys,

So I recently wrote an article about how to improve your typing speed. I felt it would be beneficial to share with this community because many of you are writers yourself. However, it would also benefit almost anyone. Everyone nowadays spends time writing, emailing, or some form of typing on a computer or device.

In the article I cover the best way to improve your typing speed. I've also included a typing speed test for free (kind of fun actually)

=>

Anyways, I hope it can help some of you.

PS. Post some of your scores below!! Mine is 82 WPM
Like books? Check us out at http://www.pinnaclepublish.com
Need help promoting your book? Get help at http://www.pinnaclepublish.com/blog

williamadams

Re: How to Double Your Typing Speed

Postby williamadams » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:43 pm

i learned to touch type 45wpm in two weeks
then with practice i went well over 100wpm

using the star touch typewriting course

the key is to first learn where everything is without looking
then to build up speed by practicing the most used letter combinations

the ion ere ...
when you can do the most used letter combinations at 200wpm equivalent
the others will not slow you down much under 100wpm

hint
practice in your head as you drive
see a sign imagine yourself typing it
that practice is as good as sitting at a typewriter

RyanT
Private E-1

Postby RyanT » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 pm

100wpm.. That's fast! And I thought I was quick with 82 lol.

That's a good recommendation though, to practice without looking and also practice while you are doing other activities. Or specifically to practice typing different sentences you see.
Like books? Check us out at http://www.pinnaclepublish.com
Need help promoting your book? Get help at http://www.pinnaclepublish.com/blog

Mina21
Private E-1

Postby Mina21 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 am

100wpm? That's insane. On a good day I can manage about 60.

JaneJane
Private E-1

Postby JaneJane » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 am

Thanks! I definitely need to improve my writing speed.
I need to start practise!
“Read. Read. Read. Just don't read one type of book. Read different books by various authors so that you develop different style.”
Working at .

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 am

I used to type at over 90 wpm while transcribing shorthand. But then other typists who rattled away at well over 100 wpm started having painful wrists - what we now recognize as carpal tunnel syndrome - so I slowed down.
Fast typing in short bursts is okay, but it's better to plod along, especially on today's flat keyboards.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Brien Sz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm

I've been using ergonomic keyboards for years and love it.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:05 am

Return to Tips and Advice