[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2017 Writers' Lounge : Writers' Block Party • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
cjr1977
Private E-1

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby cjr1977 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I was wondering what had happened to everyone. When I originally joined there was something to read and comment on just about every day. I finally decided to make a new account and was kinda disappointed to see things had dwindled so much.

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm

"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Found a new place for my site.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Hello, Warren. I was glad to see your posts on here too. Are you querying anything at the moment? Working on anything new?

Oldtimer, I've missed visiting with you. Always appreciate all the nice things you do for me. For what it's worth, you know I'm a fan of your writing and can't understand why your books haven't shown up on the NYTimes Best Sellers list yet. You and OnceUponAWednesday wrote two of my favorite stories of 2016, and that's saying a lot because I'm a picky, critical reader.

I've put all of my energy into writing stories for my grandchildren, but haven't been happy with anything I've written in ages. Mostly just writing for my own amusement at this point, but I'm itching to start querying again. I'm one of the odd few who actually thinks querying is fun, so I'm ready to get back to it. Just not disciplined enough at the moment.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

The Rule of Three

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 pm

The Rule of Three

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:12 pm

What's everyone working today?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 pm

"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party