[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2017 Writers' Lounge : Writers' Block Party • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
wdarcy
Major

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby wdarcy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Carol, I feel the same as you do. I have been here since 2008, and back then we really had some great discussions and arguments about writing. But most of those members appear to be gone. I agree that the spam and log-in problems did help decimate our ranks.

Not sure why anyone would move on because they have been published. That's exactly when they should stick around, to help others.

I'm glad some of the regulars such as James A. Ritchie, Shadowwalker, and others are still here and still offering good advice. I intend to stay, but I do wish things would pick up a bit.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm

I will finish up a story tomorrow.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:59 am

I've been here since 2006, and then and for a few years after, this forum was crazy busy. There was so much conversation and so much talent and I learned so much from everyone. Since around 2009 it definitely dwindled down some - life, health issues, other unknown things from some posters - but I remember looking forward to visiting the forum after a day at work. And the weekends were so busy too! It was such a lively place to share stories and life.

I put writing aside for a few years after that and am recently trying to get back to it, but this and even the "other" writing forums have changed. Maybe some just get tired of giving advice all the time and want some input, maybe they follow blogs or critique groups or have real life conversations, idk. Times change, people grow and move on and the world keeps turning. Not saying this place can't be similar to that time, but people have to actually post regularly.

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:01 pm

I am just about finished on my end. I can't wait to start the next story tomorrow.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Who still uses Webs.com? I heard that it's going down the tubes. I haven't had much problems, but is it time to move to another web hosting site?
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:27 am

Hi everyone. It's been a while. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else to say.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi, updog. Did you escape the ice storms? Nothing but rain here in Topeka.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 pm

I have an opinion question to ask everyone: I am thinking about moving my site from Webs.com to a better service like Wordpress or Wix, should I do that now that Webs seems to going down the tubes. (Well, I haven't really had any problems except for today with the error of loading my files and making me log back in.)
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party