I Found God in Cyberspace, satirical essay on publishing

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
robert eggleton
Private E-1

I Found God in Cyberspace, satirical essay on publishing

Postby robert eggleton » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 am

1-16-17 Not a Promotional Post: “I Found God in Cyberspace” is a satirical essay and historical perspective on our ever-changing world of literature as affected by technology. From an aspiring author’s viewpoint, the essay covers a period of time when eBooks were not yet accepted as “real” books and self-publishing was disrespected as vanity press. Established forces blocked access to the literary marketplace and helped defend against intrusions, curbing free expression and controlling social interactions in cyberspace. The essay includes citation to U.S. Supreme Court Opinion on free speech on the internet. Yes, it was a time before Facebook and Twitter! If you didn’t live it like me, or in remembrance of a challenging time in the world of books, you may want to check out this essay for renewed inspiration as you promote your own works and talents today.

A version of this essay was originally published a decade ago by “Wingspan Quarterly” – a beautiful and now defunct paper-only magazine. https://gottawritenetwork.wordpress.com ... omment-755
"Rarity from the Hollow" -- a fun novel that raises funds to prevent child abuse

Return to Writers' Block Party