[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2017 Writers' Lounge : Writers' Block Party • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
nhope
Lieutenant

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby nhope » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Well, hey everybody! Happy New Year! So happy to see you're all well and still plugging away. Me? Not so much writing but I spend a lot of time thinking about it. 8-)

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm writing some smut today.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am

Maybe everyone has the winter blues after all the excitement of the holiday rush. However, it sure is dull in here. I miss the old timers of years gone by, and wonder what they are doing now. Did any of them get published? There sure was a ton of talent in that old group, also a lot of kidding about what was being written. I can't think of the name of it, but we were all victims of forest creatures of that magic land where an elf or some creature would grab hold of you and you never knew what it would do to your writing, which was all in fun. Great times we've had in here. I'm sure PLS, and maybe DrG, would remember all of them better than i do. Oh well, memories, memories, there are so many of them to savor. Today's joys will be tomorrows memories. Like I tell all my young friends, "Don't get old, stay young and smile at life." (Reposted from YA writers lounge. There was no action.)
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Gustavo Woltmann
Private E-1

Postby Gustavo Woltmann » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:40 am

I'm writing a short story today. Just got some inspiration from my dream last night.

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm

What are your characters doing today?
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Formerly known as rosebud.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:05 am

Rosalie,what you say is true. However, I joined WD in 2007, that was ten years ago. Those are the people I was referring to. I believe the writer of the Pernicious Forest had a penchant for including people who dared to step any where near his forest. It was an ongoing wild sense of humor delivered in a wonderful way. BTW that was how the Christmas gift writing was born. Names were jumbled and selected and you wrote a story about the person whose name you received. I believe 2015, was the last of that, as I did not have the energy to get Stephen or Cindy to help out. It was a big undertaking, but one that was tons of fun.

Sorry if I stepped on someone's toes, I meant to harm. Only remembering days of yore and waxing sentimental. I''ll go back to my bear's den and sleep for he rest of winter. :roll: :lol:
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:48 pm

I need to be more active on here.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you