[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
How often do you actually read books? : Book Discussion • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

How often do you actually read books?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
westwesterm
Private E-1

Re: How often do you actually read books?

Postby westwesterm » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:28 am

I try to read all the time. I mean I read on my way to work and sometimes during the lunch time. I guess it's much better than updating your status on social media and posting photos of your lunch:)

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:45 pm

katherinepiercebv@gmail.com
Private E-1

Postby katherinepiercebv@gmail.com » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:29 am

I would read books or a new book after I finish one. But most of the time, I would read a new book if someone would recommend me to read it or if there's a movie I love and it was based from a book, then I would read it. :)

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:02 pm

In my case I'm not sure that I don't read altogether too much. I reckon around 35 or forty books per yr lately. Predominantly nonfiction and research; its rare that simple fiction interests me anymore. Unless its some sort of classic I've been putting off. Also: every December, I usually re-read Dickens' 'Tale of Two Cities' (which is in my top five favorite books of all time). Anyway for a 52 week yr, this is all fairly avid enough. But like anything else, it can get out of hand if one fails to practice some moderation. One has to give time to other interests too. As much passion I have for the printed page, I wouldn't want to become a completely myopic bookworm, detached from the world at large. Knowledge without experience is a dangerous and unbalanced design for living. Oh--
Blow up the bridge?!

Gustavo Woltmann
Private E-1

Postby Gustavo Woltmann » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 am

To be honest, I don't know. I read randomly like when I feel like it.

4luvofwriting
Private E-2

Postby 4luvofwriting » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Thomas6
Private E-2

Postby Thomas6 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Never. I have read in the past, but it's no coincidence that my no longer reading came at the same time as completing my story The Representative in 2013. Nowadays I just appreciate visual art.

heatherbergman
Private E-1

Postby heatherbergman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 am

At least a little bit every day. Don't have a set schedule for it.

Previous

Return to Book Discussion