[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What is your opinion on this statement? : Conversation question • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What is your opinion on this statement?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
robjvargas
Captain

Re: What is your opinion on this statement?

Postby robjvargas » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:48 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Steve4848
Private E-2

Postby Steve4848 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:28 am

Thanks for the interesting story it seems you don't want to help by suggesting categories. I understand no problem.

Steve4848
Private E-2

Postby Steve4848 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 am

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:00 am

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Steve4848
Private E-2

Postby Steve4848 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Steve4848
Private E-2

Postby Steve4848 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm try to create basic categories of sentence purposes. So I asked what was the opinion of that statement, so I'll be starting with something everyone agrees with. I'll get better responses when I get back to the community college but I thought I would ask here first.

I'm going to create a language model to determine the basic purpose from a certain perspective of each sentence in stories. It's a long story if you look up my posts you'll understand better or possibly you won't.

Steve4848
Private E-2

Postby Steve4848 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:46 am

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 am

Steve:

Your responses are starting to look like self-justification.

Don't let us tell you to not do this. We clearly do not see what you're trying to accomplish here, and for myself, that's reason to not participate. But you shouldn't take that personally.

You seem rather invested in this idea. Follow your passion and see what comes of it.

Like I said, I'm no expert. I don't see a need for this, but that doesn't make me right. And even if I am right, that doesn't mean this isn't worth the effort.

I wish you well.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question