[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Test Yourself : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Test Yourself

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jmar2
Major General

Test Yourself

Postby jmar2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:55 am

Amusing article in today's NY Times about copy editing. The copy editor invites you to catch 10 grammatical errors.
Here's the link, it's valid and virus tested. Enjoy.

j

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Test Yourself

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:05 pm

I enjoyed taking the test, but am glad you can't see my score.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm with you Dorothy! It's amazing how many times one can read a sentence and overlook a mistake. I got three right, which was just a lucky streak.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

max2011
Captain

Postby max2011 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:57 pm

That was fun and it reminds you how important it is to have an editor check your work and then you recheck the check... nothing is perfect, but at least it can seem to be :D

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:31 pm

For most of those quotes I wanted to rewrite the whole thing.
The Rule of Three

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Formerly known as rosebud.

Gustavo Woltmann
Private E-1

Postby Gustavo Woltmann » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:24 am

I had fun taking the test! Thank you for sharing this.

Return to Writers' Block Party