[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
US vs British English : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

US vs British English

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
samotnik
Private E-1

US vs British English

Postby samotnik » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 am

Hi there,

My first novel was published in June and so far it is doing surprisingly well for the small country I'm coming from.
Of course, the idea of going abroad had sneaked into my mind slowly but gradually. The thing is that it should be organized and payed by me. I found a person (British) who had read my book, found it good enough (in fact he finds it really good) and is willing to translate it. He had been translating from my native language for quite some time.
I wander if translating in British English will repulse in any way the US agencies?
I don't have many chances because I have to pay for the translation (at least for the first 30 pages required from most of the agencies) myself.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

HaydenChandler
Private E-1

Re: US vs British English

Postby HaydenChandler » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:04 am

Did you try to contact with Writting Association? :idea:
Enjoy the very best Personal Statement Writing Service which is . Professional team will save your time and nerves and this guys are working under your task due to fully student sutisfaction.

samotnik
Private E-1

Postby samotnik » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm not quite sure what exactly is this and how can it help.
Can you please clarify?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:45 pm

I doubt that it matters to any agent which type of English is used in a novel, as long as the novel is a good story and well-edited. "Smilla's Sense of Snow" was translated from the Danish, for example, and I don't really remember which style was used.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Tips and Advice