Boy Meets Girl book with multiple POVs

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Shellstruct
Private E-1

Boy Meets Girl book with multiple POVs

Postby Shellstruct » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm not exactly sure what to call this point of view, but can anyone recommend a boy meets girl book told in third person where sometimes the POV is the boy and sometimes the girl? I suspect this is uncommon. Seems like most boy meets girl books are told in first person or third person where the POV is only the boy or the girl, not both.

I have a story idea that is ultimately a boy meets girl story but due to the nature of the girl, involves some scifi. The girl is really the main character. She's the inspiration and the reason I want to write the story. It's all about her and her special nature, but being a guy myself, I find myself wanting to tell the story sometimes from the POV of the boy. Yet, I want to be able to describe scenes that only involve the girl. I realize this might just not work with this genre and may have to pick just one POV.

Shellstruct

Carly Berg
Corporal

Re: Boy Meets Girl book with multiple POVs

Postby Carly Berg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi Shellstruct. Yes, I think you can definitely write your story in two points of view and with both in third person. I'd just be sure to signify in some way when there's a POV shift (such as a new chapter) so readers aren't confused.
My books (available at Amazon):
Story Prompts That Work
Writing Flash Fiction: How to Write Very Short Stories and Get Them Published
Coffee House Lies: 100 Cups of Flash Fiction

Return to Book Discussion