[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anybody else dislike Facebook? : Take it Outside! • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
pls
Site Admin

Re: Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Postby pls » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:39 am

The photos I saw were those of your new friends, some ads (which you can hide), pages that you liked, and a few more random things that will show up and are not worth the time to deal with. They change all the time, so I just ignore them.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

believein
Private E-1

Postby believein » Wed May 06, 2015 1:47 am

believein
Private E-1

Postby believein » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 pm

bdukes2962
Private E-1

Postby bdukes2962 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:09 pm

My FB account is private. It took a while for me to figure it out, but I got it to work the way I want it to. I post photos for my family because I live away from them, but I really don't want other people being able to access my photos or seeing my photos. :)

Jeanne Cole
Private E-1

Postby Jeanne Cole » Sun May 24, 2015 10:39 pm

There is a lot of pros and cons for users. I guess if you are responsible enough then the pros can be more evident than the cons.

JessC
Private E-1

Postby JessC » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 pm

I think using facebook is fun. It's up to the people on how they will use it. I'm enjoying using it because I found my long lost friends and meet new friends. I also use it for communications with my other relatives in other country.

Dr.X
Private E-1

Postby Dr.X » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Maybe the creepiest part about Facebook is watching businesses all over the country do their advertising for them. Sometimes they put up banners "Like Us On Facebook!" and I don't even know who is saying it.

Tempted to hotlink: http://img05.deviantart.net/805b/i/2011 ... 4907k2.jpg

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:27 pm

The Rule of Three

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:31 pm

I'm on FB but I don't think I've ever posted there. I joined mainly to keep track of some disappearing friends, but now I probably glance through their posts a couple times a week. Basically all it seems to be is a place to post funny videos, Christian Love Except for the People We Hate, and My Politics Are the Only Right Politics types of crap.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

SRaaymakers
Private E-1

Postby SRaaymakers » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:54 pm

I deleted my personal profile (to truly delete it, you need to google "delete facebook profile", an option not actually accessable through facebook), and have found my productivity skyrocket. I have an fb page for my writing, though, and find a lot of potential readers are interested in excerpts and information.
Check out my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/stevenraaymakersauthor/

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!