[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What book are you currently reading? : Book Discussion • Page 51 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What book are you currently reading?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Postby Brien Sz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:08 am

Read, Fraud of the Century. It's about the election of 1876 between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel Tilden. Love history. Now, in the middle of The Winter People - a gripping ghost story.

Loren Killdeer
Private First Class

Postby Loren Killdeer » Wed May 11, 2016 8:09 am

I Robot.

I don't know how I didn't read this before! Shame on me, guys, shame on me!
“Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
― Mark Twain

bibliophun
Private E-1

Postby bibliophun » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:12 am

Make Wizardry Great Again by Rednal Sua.

A fantasy book that's about Harry Potter vs. Donald Trump.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:56 pm

After I finish Case Histories by Kate Atkins, I have a Maeve Binchy to read, & then intend to re-visit the Mapp & Lucia series by E.F. Benson.

Dana R. Martin
Private E-1

Postby Dana R. Martin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:39 am

4luvofwriting
Private E-2

Postby 4luvofwriting » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Oh my! Came here hoping to get inspiration for the next read, but with so many posts and that I barely recognize any of the books mentioned, I feel quite inadequate. Anyhow, just received Big Little Lies (also never heard of it) as Christmas gift, so I guess I'll be starting on this one and see how it goes.

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm currently reading The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M. J. Rose. The story is a historical fiction that takes place in 1894 in Paris, France. The author's style is vibrant and alluring.
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

heatherbergman
Private E-1

Postby heatherbergman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:41 am

I am reading . This book bordered on a religious revelation to me. I absolutely adore the style it is written in and the subject matter tears at the fabric of your understanding of reality. I questioned what I know in a way that harkens back to Plato's 'The Cave'. Is reality real or is it just shadows on the wall inside something bigger than I can understand?

Clive Barker has a way of making dark and sinister characters intriguing and not nightmare inducing.

Alyosha
Private E-1

Postby Alyosha » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Dostoevsky's "House of the Dead" replaced "Fathers and Sons" by Turgenev. Ever so often, give curious glances to my copy of "Psychopathia Sexualis" and there is some other stuff that I say I'm reading, but....

nl22
Private E-1

Postby nl22 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 am

Almost finished with The People in the Castle by Joan Aiken.

My "next books to read" list includes:
A Natural History of Hell by Jeffrey Ford
The Unfinished World by Amber Sparks
Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender
Not So Much, Said the Cat by Michael Swanwick
The Kingdom Under the Sea by Joan Aiken
The Monkey's Wedding by Joan Aiken

Not positive which I'll start first yet, but probably Ford's.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Discussion