my pleasant writer's space is up for rent (Aug 1 2016)

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Tina Marie
Private E-1

my pleasant writer's space is up for rent (Aug 1 2016)

Postby Tina Marie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:23 pm

I enjoy my space immensely. It's cozy, serene, and conducive of deep reflection without being isolating. The house, 1500 sq ft, (2 bedrooms, 1 full bath, LR, den, study, DR, kitchen, large screened in porch, yard, circle drive), full of character, original details and charm, is centrally located in the Mid-Hudson Valley / Catskill Mountain region of New York State. I have an opportunity elsewhere and therefore I am renting it out. It's available from August 1st ($1850/per month plus utilities) for six months (possibly shorter term). If you're in need of a change of environment or have always wondered what it might be like to live in this region, now is your chance to try it out.

You have the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains at your beck and call. The region consists of a network of interesting and historic small cities, towns, and villages with an abundance of arts and cultural events happening year round. The nature is gorgeous-- hiking trails galore and plenty to view just riding in your car. There are many writers and creatives of all kinds here. New Yorkers use the area as their weekend playground, although many are starting to take the leap and relocate permanently. Access to NYC is an easy 2 hours by bus or train. People commute regularly for part time gigs or to enjoy NYC as a day trip. Albany, the capital, is one-hour north by car. It too has much to offer including beautiful nature with the Adirondack Mountains nearby. You have the best of both worlds here at your finger tips... city and country... practically all you need to keep your inner muse well nourished!

If you are seriously interested, please feel free to contact me with further questions. I can provide photos. Also, if this post is still up, the house is still available for rent.

Tina Marie
(home/office 845-684-2711. Please note that this is not a cell #. It doesn't receive texts.)

The following list barely scratches the surface of all the writer's resources and networks in the area (as well as other creative and amusing points of interest)...

Woodstock Writer's Radio
The Hudson Valley Writer's Center
The Hudson Valley Writer's Guild
The Hudson River Valley Institute
The Writer's Festival (spring)
Woodstock Film Festival (fall)
Upstate Films
R&H Handmade Paints (encaustics, classes and studio space)
The Omega Institute (10 miles away)
DIA: Beacon
Center For Photography at Woodstock
Mohonk Mountain House
Olana

Return to Writing Space