[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Downloading an image from Photobucket : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Downloading an image from Photobucket

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Downloading an image from Photobucket

Postby Oldtimer » Wed May 11, 2016 9:24 am

Will somebody please give me precise instructions for downloading an image from Photobucket to this forum?

I've downloaded images before with no problems, but if I follow my usual procedure all that appears in the post is a link to the image. Clicking on that, of course, takes me to the image.

I changed to Windows 10 at the beginning of the year, with Microsoft Edge. Could it be that this change has something to do with my inability to download the actual image?

**frustrated**

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/Harvey ... 1.jpg.html

I copied that FAQ answer a year ago, pls, and it has always worked up until now. As you can see above, I tried it yet again and still came up with a link. I tried adding Img around "http....html" and did get a little image box, but not the image itself. I'm spending way too much time on this, and taking up yours, so I'll call it a day. Showing fellow posters my writing space isn't that important! :oops:
Last edited by Oldtimer on Wed May 11, 2016 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Downloading an image from Photobucket

Postby pls » Wed May 11, 2016 9:36 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

Paul, I too, would like to post a picture. However, where you steered Dorothy is sooooo much gobble d' gook, that for several years I have not posted a picture. I even asked if you could help, but somehow the size I sent was unacceptable and I don't know how to downsize it. So I am frustrated too.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed May 11, 2016 10:50 am

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Wed May 11, 2016 11:33 am

It's more of a photobucket issue.

If you go to the photobucket page you'll see a bunch of option on the right hand side under "SHARE THIS PHOTO"

Pick the one for "Direct", there's a little box next to it with a url in it -- copy and that out. In your case it will looks like:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50 ... w7pt_1.jpg

Hit the IMG button and paste the direct url in between.
The Rule of Three

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed May 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed May 11, 2016 5:50 pm

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50 ... w7pt_1.jpg

Tried it one more time, Wednesday. Just got this link again. I'm not too fussed. Pictures are nice, but prose is essential. I'd better concentrate on getting that right first.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu May 12, 2016 9:01 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu May 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Thank you very much, pls. I've added your instructions about putting the link between the Img brackets to my "Remember to do this" file. I suppose it should be obvious, but it wasn't to me. I really appreciate your putting me right. :oops:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri May 13, 2016 9:10 am

Next

Return to FAQs