[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Recommendations? : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Recommendations?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Storylover02
Private E-1

Recommendations?

Postby Storylover02 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am

Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew about any books that have Marxist themes or examine capitalism? I need to find one to write about for a project. The only rule if it can't be Gain by Richard Powers.

ShortyMe
Private E-1

Re: Recommendations?

Postby ShortyMe » Sun May 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I don't advocate or believe in his views, nor do I think the following person's views are good for our Constitutionally-based nation...that said: look up Cass Sunstein. Here's one link to get you started, read the article and it should give you a good start into your research: http://propaganda.news/2016-03-10-cass- ... erica.html
And you can also google: "who is cass sunstein".
Read cautiously, deliberately, and take breaks in between chapters as needed...my local university has a few of his books which I read so I'd have both sides to his set of political views (for/against, and why, etc).
HTH,
Diane

Storylover02
Private E-1

Postby Storylover02 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks! That was helpful! And don't worry, I'm not amassing literature to overthrow the nation hahahaha! I just needed to find a work of fiction that looked at marxism and consumerism for a class.

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Blow up the bridge?!

Return to Book Discussion