[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Need some advice. : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Need some advice.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
roda havet
Captain

Need some advice.

Postby roda havet » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 pm

I had to take a big break from writing anything lately. Due to having trouble with blurred vision and chronic leg pain with swelling. Now that my eyes are starting to get back to normal, I can't seem to get back in the swing of things yet. I feel like I've lost my passion and spark for writing, maybe it's just because I have been sick. Any advice on how I can get that true passion back to write? Thanks in advance. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Need some advice.

Postby robjvargas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:05 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 am

Thank you so much Robjvargas. I'll that and hopefully it will work. Than I can really get back in the swing of things. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:48 am

Robjvargas this might not be exactly what you had in mind but here goes anyway. I started thinking after reading what you put for an example and here is what came to mind. Of course it's not finished but I thought I'd see if this just might do the trick.

It was a hot summer day that I’ll never forget, June 15th 1996 to be exact. I was only fifteen years old at the time. I sat on our couch, a black tank top with a skull in the middle and blue jean shorts. All of the sudden my dad came inside a little after lunch. He just got done washing the car with my brother, he was eightteen. He loved helping dad work on the car and do other things around the house.

“Dad”, I said hot and bored.

He replied smiling, “How about we go for a drive sweetheart. Go get your mother, she’s in the bedroom folding clothes.”

“Sure dad. Where should we go?”, I asked as walking down the hall.

As I walked down the hall looking at pictures of my brother, Nat, dad, mom, and myself. I started think of how things were changing.

“Mom, dad said we are going for a ride. Are you coming with?”, I said as entering the master bedroom.

Mom said, “Kate dear I’m going to stay. You and Nat go on with dad, I’ll be fine by myself. Have fun and be careful”

Mom always told us to be careful every time we went out. But this time something didn’t seem right to me. I shook off the thought. And let dad know mom was staying home. As Nat and me went outside we saw dad by the car. He was removing the t tops and placing them in the garage.

Mom yelled out the door, “Reed, pick up something for dinner on your way home please. I love you!”

“Ok dear. I love you Jess”, he yelled back.

The three of us climbed into dads black 1979 trans am t top. We turned on the radio to some rock music and pulled out of the drive. Not knowing this would be our last drive together. We all sang along to the radio, laughing, and having a time like always. About ten miles from our house we came to a crossroad with signs on all sides. The last thing I remember is the wind blowing in my hair as we turned to the left. Then came a crashing sound.

Again thanks for the advice. I think that maybe I'm getting back on track. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm

When I come up with more I'll post this in the critique forum. I guess at this time it will be in the general fiction after I finish a bit more of it. Though it may only turn out to be a short story. I'm not really sure where I'll take this peace yet. :)

Return to FAQs