Question about where to submit a medical paper.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
roda havet
Captain

Question about where to submit a medical paper.

Postby roda havet » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:46 pm

I writing an informative medical paper and I'm close to being done with. My question is does anyone know where I can submit the paper to? I've looked up many different magazines but can't seem to figure out who will take a medical paper from someone who's not a doctor or nurse. Any and all advice would be helpful. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

DrG2
Colonel

Re: Question about where to submit a medical paper.

Postby DrG2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 pm

What kind of paper?

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 am

I start out telling giving fact based on research about the digestive tract and ulcerative colitis. Now I'm going into the part where I give most of the basic things my husband has been through and so on. Though I think one of my problems is going to be my word count which has already at 2510 word count and I'm still writing away adding more information as I go along. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:25 pm

I submitted an article to an English magazine called "Family Doctor". That was a long time ago. It was about the danger of having a water heater in the bathroom, leading to carbon monoxide poisoning. Maybe they have a similar magazine in America that you can submit to. Good luck!
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you Oldtimer. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Oldtimer thank you again. I did a google search on family magazine and found one called "The Journal Of Family Practice" based out of New Jersey. I sent a query and hope they respond soon. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 am

I found a few other places to submit this paper due to a suggestion of a another fellow writer. I've been able now to send in three queries now. I hope that one of them work out. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 am

Wow, I never new how hard it is to get a medical paper submitted. I have try a couple of magazines and heard back from two of them. One said they don't publish that kind of manuscript. The other one said they don't accept non peer reviewed research papers. I want lose hope, I'll just have to keep submitting until someone says they can take it. :)

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear about the rejections, Roda. I half-expected you would be faced with the 'peer review' situation, but I hope you can overcome that. Keep plugging. Perhaps you should try journals that are not quite so "medical" if you know what I mean.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:39 am

I sent a query to Reader's Digest. And a few other places were might let me post it. If not I try whatever I can to get it out there. :)

Return to FAQs