[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
FREE Authors Forums that autotweets to Top of Twitter : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

FREE Authors Forums that autotweets to Top of Twitter

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: FREE Authors Forums that autotweets to Top of Twitter

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 am

I ban any twitter account that auto posts. If you can't take the time to communicate with the authors on a personal basis, there's no reason to follow you.

Most of the agents and publicity venues I've spoken to recommend not auto posting. Can you tell me where you got your information? All you have to do is visit ThrillerFest one year to hear why it's so bad.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I am not sure what is meant by autotweeting, and hope I am not running foul of the rules, Terry. I am running a 30-day programme in which my two books are tweeted ten times a day on Twitter. So far I haven't sold any books as a result of it. Not even had any downloads, but yesterday one of them received over a thousand page views. The other had six hundred, so I'm getting plenty of exposure but none of it is translating into sales. I have a sinking feeling that I've wasted sixty dollars but I hope not. Can't afford to throw money away.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:58 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:53 pm

As far as I know, they are posted just on Twitter, not in anyone's mailboxes. Most of my "friends" are here on the Forum. I would hope they would have howled in protest if I'd been guilty. Surely none of you would have suffered in silence? I really hope not. How do I go about checking/
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:31 am

I have too loud a voice to not complain. :x :P
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Your good Dorothy. I've never seen a mailbox tweet from you. Sounds like you're just paying for advertising. Nothing wrong with that as Twitter needs to make money.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:33 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:51 am

Just following up on the campaign to Tweet my books. I thought you might like to see the results.

The Gift had approx. 7,650 page views, averaging 273 per day over 28 days. Highest number of page views on one day was 450.
No sales. Not even one sample download.

Staying Alive had approx. 13,000 page views, even with three days of no views due to a glitch in the book link. That averages 565 views over 28 days. Highest number of page views on one day was 1,100.
Again, no sales or sample downloads.

I shan't be spending any more money on tweeting my books. :(

Return to Promotional Tips