[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Length of waiting for an agent. : Conversation question • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Length of waiting for an agent.

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Shimmitar
Private E-2

Length of waiting for an agent.

Postby Shimmitar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:29 pm

So, i was just curious but...For those who did manage to get an agent, how long did it take for you to get one?

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Length of waiting for an agent.

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:24 am

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:14 am

Wow.

You come on here, give lousy advice, insult members who question what you say - and you think you're going to get rid of people?

Check your ego, guy. It's waaaay over-inflated.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 am

Too funny. It will not hurt me in the least if I'm removed from the site. I might actually get work done...lol

This is the exact same thing you pulled the last time you were called out. Then you had Nikkii on here and prior to me knowing she was your wife, I sent her warnings. If I'm incorrect, prove me wrong.

We don't ask much here. We just ask for honesty. Anyone can claim to be an agent, but are they really legit? Just provide us the information: where did you intern, who did you read for, who did you intern with, where have you been an agent, which publishers have you sold to? These are the kinds of questions any writer would ask a potential agent. And most agents seeking clients are ready to provide them.

Return to Conversation question