[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I feel like I've hit a road block. : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I feel like I've hit a road block.

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Haunted Waters Press
Private E-1

Re: I feel like I've hit a road block.

Postby Haunted Waters Press » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:00 am

Similar to His Majesty 777, I set my project aside and work on something else. I like to challenge myself in order to get my brain working. If I am simply looking to get the words flowing, a quick bit of flash fiction with a photo prompt and an exact word count of maybe 250 words usually does the trick. If you are having directional issues, you might consider the Snowflake Method in which you start with a single paragraph synopsis of your novel and expand. I've found it quite useful. Here's a link: http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/a ... ke-method/

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:40 pm

[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Pls gave me this advice once and it worked. "Throw somebody down the steps."
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

AQAS
Private E-1

Postby AQAS » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:26 pm

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 am

Aqas, I'm glad this post was helpful you. I also helped me. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:54 pm

What I do is begin by reading what i have in the chapter I am working in. This helps me keep cadence, or flow. I've gone back and reread from the beginning when i'm especially stuck. For focus, perhaps print out the pages, leaving your laptop on the page you are currently reading, then where ideas come you can record on your laptop... this way perhaps you can avoid the glare but have your devise available for writing.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:22 pm

amichael
Private E-1

Postby amichael » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:46 am

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am

Amichael, I do enjoy music and that is where I get some of my inspiration from. When I write I put on my favorite singer and then type away. :)

miketom
Sergeant

Postby miketom » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:38 am

Formerly known as J T Hall and Lyn Carceo
Creator of a hanson/dragon/dinosaur world

PreviousNext

Return to Conversation question