[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Popularity : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Popularity

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Popularity

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Why have I suddenly become popular? Six people have decided to follow me on Twitter in the last two days (seven if you count Christmas Eve). As far as I know, I haven't done anything to warrant this attention and some of the followers seem to have occupations far removed from my writing sphere. Has anyone else found a multitude (six is a multitude for me) of followers on their heels? Should I be excited ... or worried?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Re: Popularity

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:03 pm

I recently had a lot of people find me on Facebook and now we're chatting. It's great.
Formerly known as rosebud.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Twitter is super random. I think sometimes they follow people so they'll follow back so it looks like they have lots of people. I've had a couple of small time actors and musicians follow me out of they blue.

skymessenger
Private E-1

Postby skymessenger » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 pm

To get the creative juices flowing constantly, I work on an online comic on another site when I'm not writing. I started with about 10 followers and then shot up to 92 in one year. I'm not popular by any means but it is nice to see that people like what I do, even if they don't comment on my work all the time.

I do want to be popular with my novels someday but not just for money reasons. Childhood dream was to use writing to make others smile; more people know my books, more people are smiling when they read them.

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:40 pm

I find spoken word products (but what I mean by this are NOT audio books) somewhat creativity-inspiring and relaxing at the same time. Stage plays. Poems. Skits and variety. Comedy. Actually there's a lot of stuff which isn't ostensibly designed for spoken word but which I record myself and make it into spoken word. Its an alternative to music and the stream of words stimulates my own word-flow.
Blow up the bridge?!

Return to Take it Outside!