[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Can't find agent for poetry book. : General Questions & Discussions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Can't find agent for poetry book.

roda havet
Captain

Re: Can't find agent for poetry book.

Postby roda havet » Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am

Yeah, there is only one and I believe they are based out of London.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon May 11, 2015 9:41 am

I'm guessing because there's not much of a market. The agent's job is to sell to a publisher. How many books on poetry do you see in the store?

You may want to try going to the bookstore and research the poetry aisle. Look for the publisher's name and possibly the agent.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 11, 2015 10:13 am

I didn't think to do that. I'll first check the books I already have and then check with the book stores. Thank you!
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon May 11, 2015 11:58 am

Maybe you'll find an acknowledge page with the agent's name.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 11, 2015 4:39 pm

I'll try looking for that page and see if I can find an agents name. Again thank you for your advice.

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:35 am

Hi roda havet,

Have you had any success finding an agent for your poetry manuscript? I've looking around for a while, off and on, and found the most resources on Writer's Market (hope I'm not acting out of place here, pls). They charge a small monthly fee, the references are exceptional though, and very thorough in what an agent of publisher is in the market for. If you enjoy using the library, you can do this for nothing at all.

And, if this message is way past, and you have found an agent, please excuse my intrusion.

Best

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:49 pm

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 pm

No, sadly I don't, not agents, I find that those that do want published poets with a track record (not me). Most poetry publishers call for manuscripts under 50 pages, and those manuscripts do best in university and small press.

All of the references I use are on my desktop computer, somewhere in storage. I'm sort of a gypsy for the next five months, as I relocate, and using a laptop my son is loaning me. (I hate not having my files), my best suggestion is to spend six dollars for a months worth of search through Writer's Market on line. Search in the genre the poetry is about; the publishers will specify if they don't accept poetry.

Good luck. (-:

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:21 pm

The book that I have compiled is around 48 pages with 58 poems in it. The poems are made up of just about all types. At this time I'm using querytracker.com but there's not many agents on there that except poetry. :)

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 pm

I googled 'literary agents representing poetry', found some.

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions & Discussions