[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Movies that made you want to go home and write. : Conversation question • Page 6 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Movies that made you want to go home and write.

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Tom Fitch
Private E-1

Re: Movies that made you want to go home and write.

Postby Tom Fitch » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:59 am

Probably a very strange answer as it is primarily a plain action movie, but Pointbreak did.

Tom
Visit : the quest of a life time. And like us on .

Vangartist
Private E-1

Postby Vangartist » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Nice question! Really good psychological thrillers. It's my writing genre of choice, and I love to be inspired by similar stories. For example, reading Misery made me want to write. I even wrote a poem once during a slow edit of Toxicity by SOAD, because it inspired me. The most recent movie I can recall is Babadook, which--while mildly unimpressive--made me think in a way which drove me to write. What's that Picasso saying? Good artists copy, great artists steal. To me, this means anything you create while inspired by another work of art is not even remotely similar to the original. A thought catches traction and you roll with it. The end product is so unrecognizable, it is now yours.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."
Picasso

esheyla
Private E-1

Postby esheyla » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:33 pm

I love vampires and watching the first Twilight movie with a friend made me want to go home and write a BETTER vampire romance. Haha

Previous

Return to Conversation question