[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Question ? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Question ?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
roda havet
Captain

Question ?

Postby roda havet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:51 pm

I have posted in the past about using quotes from songs of my favorite singer, this one is a little similar to that. Since I've been dealing with my condition there has been a lot of time for thinking. One reason being I had to put all of my writing on hold because it's not always easy to at this time anyway to put my thoughts down on paper. I have been wondering since I haven't gotten permission to use any quotes from the songs, would it be okay to use them as a guide to write something similar that means the same as the song(s) in question? I really like what the song(s) mean but I know that I'm not able to use them. So I thought maybe using it as a guide and write something of my own that is kind of the same but worded different. What is everyone's thoughts? Could really use some guidance on this one. Thanks in advance for the help. :mrgreen:
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

DrG2
Colonel

Re: Question ?

Postby DrG2 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Can't see any reason why this would be a bad idea.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:19 am

[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

miketom
Sergeant

Postby miketom » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:48 am

Formerly known as J T Hall and Lyn Carceo
Creator of a hanson/dragon/dinosaur world

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 am

I was thinking that but with the way copyright laws are I wanted to be sure. So I think I'll start working on that before I get back to my book. Thanks everyone. :)

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 am

It's not only okay, it's how many, many writers get the ideas for stories.

Return to FAQs