Just something to think about.

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: Just something to think about.

Postby LilliesCarol » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 pm

I have been fortunate to only have two migrains in my life,and they were horrible. So you have my prayers to work through them. As for happy places I have several. In my mind I love looking back on a trip I took to Hawaii with its soft breeze and delightful ambiance. There is no place like it. I've escaped there many times in childhood during WWII broadcasts from the islands; so it was wonderful to experience Hawaii first hand.

Then I love having lived at the homestead with all of its woods and wildlife. Another precious memory and place of repose to escape to.

Now, I enjoy the screen room of our house. It has all of my favorite things in it and it is where I pray and listen to my favorite hymns early in the morning. I am now beginning to get it ready for the Christmas holidays, so I can think about all the Christmas's that have passed and have been enjoyed. These are my favorite places to escape to and to also enjoy the wonderful memories.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Those places sound wonderful LilliesCarol. I've not been too many places away from the state I live in, but I do enjoy looking at pictures from other places and think about what it would be like if I was really there. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:30 am

Roda, I'm sorry to hear this as well, but you seem to be very positive about it, and that's a good thing.

I don't think I have a mental happy place. Usually when I get to the point where the outside (people) starts to affect my inside (mental health), I simply look up. I look at the sky, the sun, the moon, I watch the trees stand strong and proud, carrying their own weight but still surviving all seasons a little beaten, but not conquered, yet they still wave. I watch the leaves dance in the breeze, the bugs going about their business, the ocean's rhythm. Then I thank God for my life, and pray to keep strong and healthy enough to keep on moving forward.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you Nhope. I enjoy nature myself, especially when I can look out at night and see the beautiful full moon that lights up everything. As for my health problem it's either stay positive or cry about it and to me crying is not an option. I found crying may make you feel better but only for a short time so I try to look at the good of it all, though that is sometimes hard to do in my situation. So a happy place is the next best thing and your favorite music of course. Hopefully the meds will start working soon and I can get back to normal, start back writing my novel, and enjoy things a love doing without fear of having problems. :mrgreen:
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Previous

Return to Conversation question