[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What book are you currently reading? : Book Discussion • Page 49 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What book are you currently reading?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
pls
Site Admin

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Postby pls » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:16 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Tom Fitch
Private E-1

Postby Tom Fitch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 am

I just finished What Is The What by Dave Eggers. After a strong opening, I struggled to get to the end. But I would recommend the read.

I have put up a slightly longer review here:

Tom
Visit : the quest of a life time. And like us on .

westwesterm
Private E-1

Postby westwesterm » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:23 am

I'm currently reading Umberto Eco's Zero Issue. I love this author and his meticulous historical details in all of his works. He has that unique combination of wittiness and wisdom you can rarely find un an author.

Tom Fitch
Private E-1

Postby Tom Fitch » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:55 pm

I finished another novel by Dave Eggers: Zeitoun. This one convinced me much more than What is the What.

Amazing how Eggers turns non-fiction into a top notch thriller.

I posted a short review on my blog. Link is in the signature.

Tom
Visit : the quest of a life time. And like us on .

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Just finished David Morrell's FIRST BLOOD, his debut novel and the book that introduced Rambo to the world. Terrific book and quite different from (and better than) the Stallone film version.

Now about to re-read King's FIRESTARTER. Read it in 1980, when it first appeared, and am eager to revisit it.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Vangartist
Private E-1

Postby Vangartist » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Just started A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay. Brilliant author. I read Tigana a bit ago and was blown away. Recommended for fans of Fantasy, extensive character development, and epic conflicts of morale.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."
Picasso

Vangartist
Private E-1

Postby Vangartist » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 pm

"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."
Picasso

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:43 am

I just finished the first chapter of M. J. Rose's The Book Of Lost Fragrances. It drew me in immediately.

It's been a while since I had time to read a book, this suspense was a good choice..

Now back to the.book. I'm eager to see what happens next.
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm reading pan and the nightmare by James Hillman "An Essay on Pan". This is, my second time through this work, I garner authority for my dreams this way. I enjoy his essays, everyone has been a value to me.

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Brien Sz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Just finished Mitch Albom's, The Time Keeper and now am on to Jon Meacham's, Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Discussion