[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[Question] Where can we upload all our short stories? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

[Question] Where can we upload all our short stories?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
DavidJTMartin
Private E-1

[Question] Where can we upload all our short stories?

Postby DavidJTMartin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:39 am

Hello,

I would like to upload a message where I have the URLs of all my short stories so far. This message would be added to my signature, similar to what you can read now, but something like this:

-> this would redirect to my post with all my short stories, now it redirects to Google.com.

And my post would be something like this:

All my short stories:

Sept 17, 2015 - Crime - Poison (357 words) -> URL omitted
Sept 18, 2015 - Sci-Fi - Sniper on the small hill (639 words) -> URL omitted
Sept 18, 2015 - Nonfiction - My childhood (part of) (613 words) -> URL omitted

Where can I upload this message? I would upload it to "Motivation Station -> Goal Posts" but I don't think it's the best place.

What do you think?

Thank you for your time. Kind regards,

David

PS: when I tried to upload this message I couldn't, it said I had too many URLs. This means I can't upload a message with all my short stories, can I?
I've written in English 4451 words of 1 million.

Last 2 short stories:

pls
Site Admin

Re: [Question] Where can we upload all our short stories?

Postby pls » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am

The simple, definitive answer is that we do not permit promotions in the WD forums nor offsite links to stories or other material. This is a critique site, not a promotional one.

If you wish to have your work critiqued, upload your stories one at a time to the appropriate critique forum. 2500 words per story max is recommended.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

DavidJTMartin
Private E-1

Postby DavidJTMartin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 am

Hello pls,

It's clear I didn't explain myself properly. I want to add a message with all short stories I already uploaded here, to the forum. Just for easy reference for myself, neither for promotion nor offsite links.

That way I just click my post, and from that post I can refer to all short stories I've written for this forum. I want to do that just for easy reference, there's a lot of valuable information in all the critiques I receive and it's starting to be a bit difficult to search all my short stories, and I have only 4. Imagine when I have 40. I would also add that post to my signature for even easier reference.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for your time. King regards,

David

Last 2 short stories:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 am

David - you've already discovered that only URL per post is allowed. You'll have to do your record-keeping offsite, I'm afraid.

DavidJTMartin
Private E-1

Postby DavidJTMartin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:12 am

Hello pls,

You're right, I'll keep record in my laptop.

Thank you for your time. Kindle regards,

David

Last 2 short stories:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:56 am

And Kindle regards to you, too!

DavidJTMartin
Private E-1

Postby DavidJTMartin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Hahaha, I hate the mobile phone corrector, I'll leave it that way. It's funnier :D

edit1:

First message: Kind regards
Second message: King regards
Third message: Kindle regards

I definitely hate the auto corrector, hahaha!

Last 2 short stories:

Return to FAQs