[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Why do cliches make me want to scream? : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Why do cliches make me want to scream?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Why do cliches make me want to scream?

Postby mammamaia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:43 am

i seem to recall cliches like that labeled something more like an 'oxymoron'... in that they're physically impossible, but in a slightly different way from 'giant shrimp' and so on...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:19 pm

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:53 pm

But it is what it is, people do roll their eyes and turn on their heels, and there is an end of the day. These words are factual and real.

How else would you say them?

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:05 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

InTransit
Private E-1

Postby InTransit » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:01 am

I would like to touch base with all of you and say that we need to avoid cliches like the plague! :lol:

Seriously, it is weird how the super-annoying "game changer" came out of nowhere and is very common now.

CantSkate
Private E-1

Postby CantSkate » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:40 pm

We really need to just take it one day at a time

Previous

Return to Conversation question