[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Old Well : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The Old Well

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
bupaje
Sergeant

The Old Well

Postby bupaje » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:02 am

broken lies my heart
my will
behind the tumbled bricks
of dreams
no longer bright

i doubt now my resolve
my worth ...

as sorrowing
i stretch my hand
returned
too often empty

deep the well was dug
yet now lies dry
and tears alone
cannot restore it

roda havet
Captain

Re: The Old Well

Postby roda havet » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 am

Very nice. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

bupaje
Sergeant

Re: The Old Well

Postby bupaje » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for reading. :)

Return to Poetic Asides