[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Silly Question - "Outbox" : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Silly Question - "Outbox"

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
jacquelinemarie
Private E-1

Silly Question - "Outbox"

Postby jacquelinemarie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi,
Really quick question and sorry if it's silly.
I've read the posting permission and looked in the FAQ section but couldn't find the answer.

I sent someone a PM last night but still this morning it is in my Outbox.
Why?

Do we need to be friends first? Has it sent anyway and it sits there until it's opened?

Thanks for your help.

updog
General of the Army

Re: Silly Question - "Outbox"

Postby updog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:06 pm

I think the message sits in your outbox until the person it's sent to logs in.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:20 pm

The Rule of Three

jacquelinemarie
Private E-1

Postby jacquelinemarie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Thank you for replying.
Maybe i should comment on their post also.
Cheers

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 am

it stays there so you can refer back to who you wrote to and what you said... it'l stay there till you delete it...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 am

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:06 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Wednesday and updog are correct- If you sent a PM, it will show in the outbox until the person you sent it to reads it. And it is in your sent box as well right after you sent it.

I've sent PMs to people that haven't ever read their messages I've sent them and it will stay there unless I go in and delete them.

Return to FAQs