[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Testing to see if post will let me delete it. : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Testing to see if post will let me delete it.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Laycrew
Major

Re: Testing to see if post will let me delete it.

Postby Laycrew » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:15 pm

I know I couldn't always delete an entire post when I first started here. When I could, I've used the delete post function a few times. If I have started a new thread-say with new writing in the critique section- and had second thoughts and decided I didn't want to post that, I should have the right to delete it before anyone has a chance to comment. I have made comments I decided weren't necessary and deleted those before another person had a chance to comment after me. Sometimes I'll get wound up over what someone says (when we've had a few trolls), I'll chime in and realize that I didn't really need to add fuel to the fire so I'll delete the whole thing. I try not behave like a heathen on the internet. But if someone comments after my post, I've done what Maia said and deleted the content and say it was deleted in the post.

Terry, it probably was something that just shifted just like how it showed up when it wasn't there before and perhaps now it is gone again.

edit-I am on my laptop and the delete post button is officially gone.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:12 pm

The "delete" function never was very reliable. Sometimes it was there, sometimes not, and I could never figure out why. I didn't think we ever had the option to delete the first post in a thread we started, and I can see why. Maybe you don't have that option if someone has posted below you either. I don't know. But "delete" has never been reliable as long as I've been on here, and I never could figure out the trick to getting it to show up every time. But as Maia suggested, you can always erase your words using the edit function.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:33 pm

I have to remember next to just use the edit function went a post is put on here twice next time. Thanks everyone. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Previous

Return to FAQs