[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Testing to see if post will let me delete it. : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Testing to see if post will let me delete it.

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
roda havet
Captain

Testing to see if post will let me delete it.

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Just testing to see if it will let me delete this post after making it. I had trouble this morning with it doubling my post and would let me delete it afterwards. My fingers are crossed, hope it works.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roda havet
Captain

Re: Testing to see if post will let me delete it.

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:37 pm

This is what I see on my screen went I go in to delete a box that shows "edit", a triangle that has a "!" in it and if you put your mouse on it the message says "report this post", then there is the box that shows "quote". I'm not sure what is wrong with it.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi Roda. You should not have the ability to delete a post. If you do, then I accidentally changed something that I should not have.

Update: I checked, and the settings still indicate you should not be able to delete.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Ok, pls told me to try and see if I delete a post. Because I had trouble this morning with it posting double. Will you please delete this for me.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I just checked to see what options I had to edit my post after I posted it and the "delete this post" option is gone. Hmmm. I have deleted my own posts in the past. When I'm on my laptop I will double check to be sure but it seems the ability to delete our own posts might be gone. But I'm not complaining. The absence of spam is worth it.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:25 pm

I was going to delete Roda's test post - but this string of replies is useful. You should have the option to delete and edit your own posts. Maybe Terry can fix this option - I don't believe I have access to this area of WD.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am

we can delete out own posts just by going to 'edit' and wiping out the content, then putting 'deleted by poster' in its place... i've done that many times in the past, when i've accidentally duped one...

but we can't delete a thead we've created and we shouldn't be able to, imo, since that would mean we're deleting others' posts without their permission...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 am

And I would be happy to delete a post upon request if you want to wipe it completely out of existence.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:06 am

Next

Return to FAQs