[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Spam and Forum Members : FAQs • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Spam and Forum Members

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Spam and Forum Members

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Good idea.

Anyone else?

miketom
Sergeant

Postby miketom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:11 am

Formerly known as J T Hall and Lyn Carceo
Creator of a hanson/dragon/dinosaur world

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm

So here's a big to fellow mod Terry for figuring out a way to eliminate, almost, the spam that has plagued the WD forum for the past several months. I've still had to delete a few spam posts (in "Introductions"), as anyone can post in that forum on a one-a-day basis, but compared to the thousands of posts I had to clear previously on a daily basis, that's nothing. So hip-hip-hooray for Terry!
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:41 pm

I agree THANK YOU TERRY!!

The Rule of Three

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:10 pm

I agree as well it has been so much easier to post now. Thank you Terry!
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Yes, a shout out to Terry! I wanted to make a celebratory post about it too. I'm not as skilled as Wednesday for posting awesome memes so imagine one of your favorites is posted here. :D not the naughty ones though.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm no good at posting funny photos or witty remarks either. I just want to say a sincere thank you to Terry, pls and DrG2 for bringing sanity back to my favorite haunt. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:18 am

Awesome Terry! Kudoos and all that good stuff. What a man, What a man. Hip hip hooray for Terry. You go man. Is that enough to say thank you? Oh yeah, one more thing, hugs a bunch from Carol.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks guys. Paul deserves just as much for never giving up and continuing to delete spammers. I gave up a while ago and even told Brian I was done. It was only when my original account got dork that my new ID had mod powers with additional capabilities, such as giving Paul admin powers. :D

I deleted only 4 spammer this morning. I think it took around 60 seconds. :D

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:13 am

terry...
thanks for making it possible for me to come back and stick around, kiddo!

you just earned yourself a billion bitcoin bucks... now, if i could just figure out where they are and how i could get 'em to you...................

love and hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs