[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Kingdom of The Mountains and The Misty Valley : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The Kingdom of The Mountains and The Misty Valley

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
Biscuit
Private E-1

The Kingdom of The Mountains and The Misty Valley

Postby Biscuit » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 pm

There was a fondness in noise not often considered
a common goal that existed between us
that longing of my escape from the echoes of the misty valley.
A noise that is formless, ceaseless and endless in fog.

A fog that lies on a precipice
under the gaze of the kingdom of mountains and cities
deeply entwined with memories
once cherished and long forgotten.
I often try to recall the misty valley
to feel her moss under my toes once more.

The noise was once a din
to the kingdom of my mountains it calls
once a cry, now a whisper
that softly breaches my walls.

Yet I recoil from its touch
as a child once stung
and too afraid to leap, for
The pain was already done.

-----

If anyone else has dealt with depression, I'd imagine some might've experienced the fog that comes with it. It's a strange thing in my mind that I've always contemplated about but seldom dedicate the time to actually write of my own experiences. As I'm dealing with delirium and sore throats I figured I'd might as well make use for the tiny muse whispering ideas into my head.

Hmmm I'm too contemplative tonight.

Emily.

Ms Wright
Private E-1

Re: The Kingdom of The Mountains and The Misty Valley

Postby Ms Wright » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:21 am

madoperk
Private E-1

Postby madoperk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 pm

That's a great poem. Thanks.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 am

This is a nice poem with very good imagery. I haven't dealt with depression before but I find poetry a great way to express ones self. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Return to Poetic Asides