[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Spam and Forum Members : FAQs • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Spam and Forum Members

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
pls
Site Admin

Re: Spam and Forum Members

Postby pls » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:12 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:16 am

Well I have to get up by 8 am at the latest due to my children. We live close to the east coast area. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:23 am

Terry lives on the east coast and sometimes gets the opportunity to delete spam earlier. Not sure where DrG2 lives, but he also deletes spam. We're a spam-eating team!

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:27 am

I just come on around 9 am and if there is any spam I try back around 10 am or 12 pm. And if it is still there I just sift through it so I can read the post because I know that everyone is doing their best to get rid of it. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Sorry I haven't been on here today to do the daily cleaning, but my DSL modem died - and I'm on here now by the grace of one bar from my brother's modem next door, and the laptop sitting in the window. Maybe one of the other mods can take over until I can get a new modem Sunday and get to work?

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:58 pm

That's a bummer to have messed up modem I know how it feels to have computer problems. Several months back our desk top just up and stopped on us, so everything I do now is done from my chrome which sometimes doesn't always copy and paste right. Hope you are able to get it fixed.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:39 pm

DSL? They still offer DSL? Get with the times Paul. I have FIOS 150Mbps up/down. :twisted:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 am

I have found a way to prevent 99.9999999% of spam posts on here until WD fixes their issues. It would involve everyone that needs to post that cannot, to post to this thread letting us know you are not a spammer. Of course this mean FAQ would be the only open section for anyone to post. I can leave any section, such as Introductions, open as well.

What does everyone think? I know Paul enjoys playing whack-a-mole. I do not, and have deleted very little over the last couple of weeks.

Currently Success and Critiques sections are read only access unless you are on the special member list. There should be no spam posted in those sections at this time except by the 50 or so member exception list.

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:39 am

Then maybe post a sticky thread to the top of each forum with the title.

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF BEFORE POSTING.

With a link inside to the introduction forum.

If they write an introduction, that isn't full of alien characters and links to soul-sucking websites, they can get blued.

It might cut down on the fly by critiques too.
The Rule of Three

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs