[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Spam and Forum Members : FAQs • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Spam and Forum Members

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
updog
General of the Army

Re: Spam and Forum Members

Postby updog » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Yup, I assigned the different colors. I made a slight adjustment to the colors, so Paul and Dr2 are a darker green. I was curious to see if I had the power to do that, and it was the same day my account got dorked. I think maybe I was doing too many changes at once.

So what I have done is I created a usergroup called approved users. That's the blue group. I changed the settings so that those in the group have no post limit.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 pm

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Glad to see your back Terry. I'll be back on here more now that the spam is under control. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Well, the large majority coming from Korean is a spambot, which is posting a website as many times as it can in order to raise the search level. I believe that's how they make their money. The higher the better I guess.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:00 pm

The Rule of Three

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:21 pm

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:33 am

I try not to come on until 9 am (eastern time). I have noticed that it is not as bad around that time. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs