[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Which software do you use for writing? : Writing Space • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Which software do you use for writing?

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
regisundertow
Private E-1

Re: Which software do you use for writing?

Postby regisundertow » Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 am

I used to use Final Draft, then Word. Now, I just use notepad++ and an actual notepad. By extrapolation, I should be using crayons and my bedroom walls in a couple of years.

Seriously, though, my biggest problem with writing is getting the bloody words out without going nuts editing myself. Notepad++ is great at that, as it feels so low-tech. It feels like I'm just making notes and, suddenly, oops! I've written 5 pages.

Brenda Curkendall
Private E-1

Postby Brenda Curkendall » Sun May 10, 2015 4:47 pm

OneNote by Microsoft holds my workups, and Scrivener holds my writings.
2B

helensmith
Private E-1

Postby helensmith » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:55 pm

I am using both Ms Word and notepad for writing. I improved both my grammar and knowledge with the help of GRAMMAR CHECK FOR SENTENCE.

tyherox
Private E-1

Postby tyherox » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am

I usually like minimalist writing programs and don't bother with feature clustered programs such as MS word or Scrivener for long term writing sessions. I use them when I want to clean up and polish my writing towards the end.

A couple of programs I found enjoyable were:

- Ommwriter
- Zenwriter
- iA Write
- Rye (disclamer, my own program ^^" )

Check them out.

Apococlock
Private E-1

Postby Apococlock » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 pm

I use Google Docs almost exclusively. Having things automatically save to the cloud and the ability to collaborate with other people in real time is very convenient. It also makes sharing simple, which I like.

The biggest con I've come across is when the spellchecker stops working. Usually a quick refresh will remedy this, though.

Tom Fitch
Private E-1

Postby Tom Fitch » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:56 pm

I often use the i-Pad for larger pieces of text, such as the Intersection Diaries-novel, as I love to write on the go: sitting in a pub, on a train, waiting for a subway ... The buzz of a world around me is certainly distracting, but also very inspirational. I use Pages as software for it. It runs well on the i-Pad and I also have an edition of it on my Mac. The Mac edition is used for initial fine-tuning of the parts written on the i-Pad.

Finalizing is always done in MS Word.

Shorter pieces, such as those for the blog, are often just written on the Mac and are then done straight into Word.

Tom
Visit : the quest of a life time. And like us on .

whraven
Private E-1

Postby whraven » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:22 am

I am using both Scrivener and WritersCafe. Each has things I like and I certainly wish I could combine them into a single app. If I had to choose only one, I'd probably lean towards Scrivener, as the development is a little more active, and it produces a much more polished manuscript.

Pooka
Private E-1

Postby Pooka » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 pm

deleted

Loren Killdeer
Private First Class

Postby Loren Killdeer » Thu May 12, 2016 7:45 am

I use Microsoft Office (never thought of anything out of it), and Evernote for little ideas on my cellphone (since you can access from the computer, I find it confortable).

Simplier than that, well, a good bok and pencil :D
“Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
― Mark Twain

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space