[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!?? : FAQs • Page 8 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!??

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
updog
General of the Army

Re: here we go again...TEN pages of %#@*!??

Postby updog » Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat May 30, 2015 10:14 am

and i seem to be the commander-in-chief of 'vice'! :shock:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 am

The Rule of Three

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 am

Hey guys, some of you have sent me PMs over the weekend. I can no longer log into my terryrodgers account. It was only working on my work office computer and that finally crapped out Friday afternoon. Brian and crew have never been able to fix the account. Once again, it's phpbb/wordpress causing the issue. I guess I have to start using this account. I did send Brian an email letting him know of the issue and that I had made some changes to try and deflect some of the spam. This is now causing everyone not to be able post more than once a day except for the 6 or so people I moved over. I guess this will be my only post today due to that change. :D

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun May 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Aww, Terry. And you were doing so well as Brigadier General. It must be rough to be a Private again. Let's hope you can get back to your true status soon.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Sun May 31, 2015 3:01 pm

The Rule of Three

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun May 31, 2015 3:41 pm

I nearly had the same problem as Terry on Saturday - but I followed my own instructions (at the top of this queue) to the letter and got back in safely (only to be faced with more spam). I would hate to say that some folks who can't back in aren't following my instructions to the letter - signing out is key once you're redirected to the profile page - but that's the only explanation I have other than this site is inherently evil.

On the other hand, allowing spammers to post only once per day has cut down immensely on spam in this forum. We apologize to all of you who have been limited to one post per day - when Terry gets his mod credentials back, I'm sure he'll add more. I don't have the same powers that he does, so I can't do it.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Sun May 31, 2015 6:45 pm

It's nice that the spam is easing some BUT I'm so frustrated I can only post once a day. Blergh.... :cry: I know I haven't posted a ton lately but I'm always here and was reporting spam when it mattered. Will Terry get his privileges back?

I ONLY log in by clicking on a critique forum. I got kicked out three times on Friday and had to work to get to the critique section to log back in though. But I wonder if that's why I've never had a log in issue.

Dorothy, I saw you were able to make your banner. :D I'm happy that worked out.

Back to my ghostly presence after this post... :?

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:03 am

Isn't it amazing that we can't ban spammers but somehow our longtime members and even our mods are often locked out. Ever since they "improved" the forums and screwed everything up, I always log out when I leave here, and while that means I have to take an extra 10 seconds to sign back in when I visit, this method has served me well so far. I can't remember ever being locked out, except for that time PLS accidentally banned us all. :mrgreen:
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:11 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs