[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Can't find agent for poetry book. : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Can't find agent for poetry book.

roda havet
Captain

Can't find agent for poetry book.

Postby roda havet » Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am

I tried looking on querytracker.net for an agent but none of them deal with poetry. Although I did find some publishers that deal with poetry. So I have a question would it be okay to go with a publisher instead of an agent? Any help will be welcome.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Re: Can't find agent for poetry book.

Postby pls » Wed May 06, 2015 9:36 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed May 06, 2015 10:04 am

Okay thank you! I might go on and try to submit it to agents anyway and see if they may respond. But I'm also going to submit to the publisher as well I guess. Then see what happens.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun May 10, 2015 9:33 am

I have a question about agents. While I was researching some of the agents I found I have seen that some say they do not require a fee up front and others do. Can someone please tell me which one may be the best to go with and how much do they really require up front.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun May 10, 2015 9:55 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun May 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Okay, thank you very much. I was wondering why some showed a fee and others did not. I didn't think they charged one like that, so thank you for clearing that up.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 am

You won't find charging agents on querytracker. Patrick vets all of the agents before posting them.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 11, 2015 9:27 am

Okay, thank you very much. I'm trying to use only that site to look for an agent but I am also trying to do my homework before sending a letter out.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 am

Poetry is a tough sale. I only see one agent listed on querytracker.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Mon May 11, 2015 9:36 am

Is there any reason that most agents do not represent poetry? I really can't find many that will do so.

Next

Return to General Questions & Discussions