[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Wondering how to promote my own book. : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Wondering how to promote my own book.

roda havet
Captain

Wondering how to promote my own book.

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:34 am

I'm new to this site. Well to give a little back ground on my writing, I've been writing poems off and on since I was around fifteen. And now I would like to put them all into a book. I have already got a name for the book and I have at this time 49 poems, plus I've made a dedication page. I found this site due to the competition and I enter a poem in it. Can someone please tell me what all I need to put in my book and how to promote myself? I would really like to get my work put out there.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Re: Wondering how to promote my own book.

Postby pls » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm really not sure because this is my first time trying to do this. I wonder if I may need to have an editor look at it first and if the book is long enough. If you have any advice on where I should go from here I would greatly appreciate it.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:23 pm

I have several poetry books I have bought and they are all different sizes with different amount of page numbers. And I did enter the competition in the poetry section. Also I posted one or two on the editor blogs poetic asides but no one has given any feed back there. I'll try posting on the Poetry Criticism forum. Thank you for your help.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:41 pm

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Okay, thank you very much.

denmark423
Private E-1

Postby denmark423 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:04 am

That is really the first thing to get in mind if you don't know what to do.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed May 06, 2015 6:55 am

Denmark423 I have been given a site called querytracker.net to send query letters to agents.

Return to General Questions & Discussions