[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Cowboy's Desk : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Cowboy's Desk

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Cowboy's Desk

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:27 pm

I was browsing the forums and ran across this thread, so I thought I'd take some pictures of my desk. It's my day off from writing, so why not?

Disclaimers:

1) This isn't usually my style. I'm very much a country kid but I've been living in the big city for far too long. It's an Ikea desk so it was inexpensive and it gets the job done.

2) No, I didn't tidy up the place for these pictures. I'm just a tidy and organized person. When you live simply and don't own much it doesn't take much effort to keep it clean.

Picture #1
This is my usual set up. I love having a wireless mouse and keyboard. I can sit more comfortably at my computer than any person really should be.

Picture #2
This set up is for when I really need to focus and concentrate.

Picture #3
My POV

~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

updog
General of the Army

Re: Cowboy's Desk

Postby updog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Very nice setup, Cowboy. I especially like the recliner. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 am

Thanks, up dog. A brown La-Z-Boy is the only piece of required furniture for me. That and a massive mug of coffee and I can tackle the world. There's no such thing as a coffee mug that's too big.
~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

TLCole
Private E-1

Postby TLCole » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Ugh. The neatness! What a great space, but help me from neat people. :) Teasing. A little. The space reminds me of when my husband decides to "help" clean my office. Drives me crazy. I seriously wish I could be so neat though. But it isn't in my genes (I'll blame it on that) so I like to pretend neat people are one of the great wonders of the world to me. I am totally stealing your recliner idea though. That is freaking brilliance. Love the space.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:51 pm

I love recliners, and do a bunch of writing in mine. There's a movie with William Devane and Forrest Tucker, and Tucker plays a writer. The "chair" at his computer is an actual saddle. Always wanted to try that.

SuspiciouslyYenny
Private E-1

Postby SuspiciouslyYenny » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:58 pm

That looks really cozy. I need a writing space like yours.
Yenny

Managing Editor
If and Only If: A Journal of Body Image and Eating Disorders:

Facebook:
Twitter:

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Mason22
Private E-1

Postby Mason22 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 am

I like it! Also like the desktop wallpaper. Maybe adding a fish tank or something in the room, so you can lay back, stare at the fish, and reset your mind for a minute.

Bob W
Private E-1

Postby Bob W » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:01 pm

At my age, I would lean back in the recliner and wake up an hour or so later with no words on the screen and my head filled with a dream unrelated to anything I was trying to write.
Neat place to write.

Bob

Mason22
Private E-1

Postby Mason22 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Next

Return to Writing Space