[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Spam : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Spam

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Gingerfox01
Private E-1

Spam

Postby Gingerfox01 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:07 am

The site has been completely spammed by ad topics? There are three pages of them in tips and advice, surly there is a way to stop these people?

pls
Site Admin

Re: Spam

Postby pls » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:38 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 am

i was surprised and disappointed to find i was the first one to have reported the first of that long string of spams yesterday...

did anyone report any of its dupes, paul?... if so, how many reports other than mine did you get on those 2 pages of solid spam from the same spammer?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:13 am

Gingerfox01
Private E-1

Postby Gingerfox01 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:56 pm

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:13 pm

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 pm

It has been nuts at night where there will sometimes be 5 posts in a minute. I can post something and it gets lost 5 minutes later in the sea of new posts. When there's 16 or more pages of new posts, it really gets difficult to try and report even though I know I don't have to report them all. Usually I report spam but these are crazy.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:33 am

as i did a couple of days ago with the korean blitz, i report the first one, if there are several in a section and add a note to the admin that there are others...

i hope every member will do the same from now on, so this scheiss can be dealt with swiftly and make it as easily as possible for paul and whoever else to annihilate all of it...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 am

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Next

Return to FAQs