[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Which software do you use for writing? : Writing Space • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Which software do you use for writing?

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
kdaniel171
Private E-1

Re: Which software do you use for writing?

Postby kdaniel171 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 am

I prefer using MS Word and sometimes I use Google docs because it automatically save everything. Moreover, to check grammar errors I like to use "Ginger grammar checker" and it is a free software.

coastalchic
Private E-1

Postby coastalchic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

I use Microsoft word for non fiction work and I use new novelist 3 for fiction. Its an easy program to learn, use and has great features.

Steve Ball
Private E-1

Postby Steve Ball » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:31 am

Well, I use MS Word for the actual writing. I'm still using an XP Dell laptop, so it's Word 2003, but it seems to do the job.

My problem, however, is that I've got (at last count) 81 different short stories, poems and novels that I've been "working on" for the last 20 years, and now that I am retired and actually have time to follow through on stuff, it's fairly damned confusing. Why" I like to flit around from story to story, as ideas come to mind. (The stories often suggest ideas for other stories.)

So I use another piece of software, Excel 2003, to maintain a listing of everything, and the directories that are being used. I use these columns:

# --------------------------------- a "grouped" consecutive number (i.e.: 6.05 refers to 5th work in group 6)
Concept Group ------------------ for dividing works by "Universe"
In Universe (Y/N)
Type of Work -------------------- short story, novel, poem, etc.
Latest Version File Name
Status ----------------------------- Title Only, Concept Only, Ideas & Notes, Early Dev, First Scene, 25% Done, etc.
# of Words
# Pgs (ExclTitle)
Synopsis --------------------------- brief "hook" which describes the piece concept (i.e.: "Jaws in Spaaaace!")
First Line Fragment

Keeps everything in one place so I can "grok" overall status.

Fishgeek
Private E-1

Postby Fishgeek » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:46 am

I'm presently using a free program known simply as "Documents" my wife --the computer tech of the family -- set up for me on my Ipad. It's not a Microsoft program.

I can find out more if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Fishgeek on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibrahim0103
Private E-1

Postby ibrahim0103 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:45 pm

I use Microsoft word document because i fell easy to work with it and use some sites to check uniqueness
[url="http://www.moneyearnby.com/"]Earn-Money[/url]

SaeKyung
Private E-1

Postby SaeKyung » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:38 pm

I am always using Ms word for writing. I improved my grammar and writing skill with the help of Nounplus.

CharlyT
Private E-1

Postby CharlyT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:41 pm

I used Write It Now. My favourite feature is the Word Frequency counter. It's one of my beefs that certain authors will overuse a single word, which happens to me, too. This lovely tool helps me catch that annoyance. It may not matter to anyone else, but that tool alone was worth the ~$40 I paid for the package. I also use the Characters tab a lot - putting in pics of my characters so I can keep my descriptions accurate over time.

It does exporting (includes a title page option if you want one) to most accepted formats, though it doesn't export to .doc. It's easy enough to convert from rtf to doc, though, since I have Word as well.

It works very well for me, but I'm a strong advocate for outlining and story planning.

Pandawan
Private E-1

Postby Pandawan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:40 am

My favorite soft is zenpen.io .
Its very easy to use but if you need to work without internet its not a best solution.

Elmina
Private E-1

Postby Elmina » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 am

I mostly use Microsoft word and Notepad while writing these two are two most reliable and authentic software tools used by writers in modern days, other online software available writing but some of them which are reliable and easy to use are paid :)

I almost just deleted your posts and banned you because I'm getting tired of seeing the essay links. Buying an essay because you can't write one yourself for a class is considered cheating. Cheaters are losers. People who knowingly write essays for cheaters are also losers. Get the picture. MOD-Terry
Law essay pros academic writing experts provide you professional writing services.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Space