An Apple's Point of View - 5/3

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Suzanne13
Private E-1

Re: An Apple's Point of View - 5/3

Postby Suzanne13 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 am

Very nice. (Loved the kitty too. : )
Suzanne

Jacque
Private E-1

Postby Jacque » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 am

The life of an apple isn’t exactly very entertaining, but it’s simple enough for me. I like simple things. As an apple, my life is just that – simple. I sit in a fruit basket, surrounded by bananas and pears and oranges as life goes on around me. Humans are funny creatures. Oftentimes I see them playing with fire and then downing whatever they had just had on the fire. They run through the house, screaming. More-so the little ones than the big ones run screaming, but at times the big ones scream and run and then you have an all out brawl.
Today nothing interesting has happened. The two young ones put on their weird floppy baskets and walked out the door while the big ones grabbed metal clanging things and rushed outside. I guess they were late. I’m glad I’m an apple. I don’t have to worry about being late. I can just stay and chill here. Cause I am an apple, and apples are chill. Yeah.

UnicornBaby
Private E-2

Postby UnicornBaby » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Noooo!! Not my brother. He was once my little apple seed, but now he is only apple pie. How dare these rotton humans juice my dear brother!! Oh. I will seek revenge. I will summon the 'Grapes of Wrath'. Yes, i must call my sister, she knows them very well she was only being held by Rose of Sharon yesterday. Oh. And we must not forget the turtle. He was the very one who spread my seed. I remember when i was growing up in that little garden on the side of the road. Oh. The memories.
My heart is my totem, a blackened beating taunt that soaks the Page with its prevail. Its blood becomes my ink as I stab the Pen into it. I heave forward with my hollow chest, entranced in my decay, sorry to say, that I am a writer of Darkness now.

WanderingHero
Private E-1

Postby WanderingHero » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 am

"I wish I was a PC."

Previous

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges