[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
STEPHEN KING SAYS : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

STEPHEN KING SAYS

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
boatblogger
Private E-1

Re: STEPHEN KING SAYS

Postby boatblogger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:43 pm

I admire King's non-creepy work more than the other. I think his writing is great in all genres he chooses. It was when i heard him speak before the National Press Club that I came to like him. I will go out of my way to download a podcast of any of his personal appearances. His book On Writing is amazing and has been inspirational to me in my own writing. The value of generous mentoring can not be overestimated.

Fishgeek
Private E-1

Postby Fishgeek » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 am

keWhee
Private E-1

Postby keWhee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:55 pm

I love the way my thumb and forefinger get antsy as I approach the need to turn the page. Makes a wonderful noise that absolutely drives my wife crazy. How many of you have been told you are reading too loud?

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:28 am

I've been told I think too loud. :lol:

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:21 am

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:49 pm

I liked Stephen Kings book On Writing but I don't care for his writing all that much. I'm not into horror at all. I read one of his books that was not horror. I don't care for the vulgar or crude passages he writes. I think it was Dragon's Eye or something that I read in high school. It did inspire a drawing I did in art class but there is a scene that grosses me out to this day. It is probably the only scene that has ever stuck with me from reading a book. It was about the king picking his nose. Oh my gosh! Too much detail and I still want to gag to this day. It was over 20 years ago when I read that book and I've worked with kids for years so I've been around my share of nose of picking.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Fishgeek
Private E-1

Postby Fishgeek » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 pm