[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
why is getting onto the site still a major hassle? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

why is getting onto the site still a major hassle?

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

why is getting onto the site still a major hassle?

Postby mammamaia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 am

added to the apparent inability of the site to remember my username and password, making me have to sign in most days, i've lately been getting a 'vericfication' or whatever popup that insists there is a 'registration' problem with my membership and requiring a second signin... which then turns out to not be true, since i can click on 'forums' find i AM signed in...

why the heck is it so seemingly impossible for a major site's webmaster, in this day and age, to make it as easy to get into this site as it is to enter any of the other writing sites on the web?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Re: why is getting onto the site still a major hassle?

Postby pls » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm not seeing any of these issues, although I do have to sign in occasionally. I am going to state again that it's probably a cookie issue with your computer, especially if it's a PC.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 pm

I still have problems signing in many days. I did today, in fact, and it definitely is not a problem with cookies, at least in my case. Just to make sure, when I get booted off and have to sign in again, I delete all cookies, all of them, before signing in, and I still have problems.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Me to. Only my work computer is logged in now. And it's logged in under an old password. Like my other computers, if I log off, I will not be able to log on anymore. I've had WD verify the issue with my username.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Well, I didn't say that everyone's problem was with cookies, just maia. And I certainly can't defend the way the site treats others. However, when you describe the symptoms, they are different and inconsistent. It's an IT person's nightmare. I will say that with my old MacBook Pro I have fewer problems than most of you do - but is the Mac the reason? Probably not.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:12 pm

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 pm

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 am

Me too and I haven't been doing it nearly as long as you. :cry:

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 am

Maybe we need to stop buying WD and associated services and products? Would that make the powers that be more attentive?

Next

Return to FAQs