[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Are you description or dialogue dominant? : Conversation question • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Are you description or dialogue dominant?

Every month in Writer's Digest's InkWell section, we pose a question related to the writing life. Tell us your thoughts.
Elaine910
Private E-1

Re: Are you description or dialogue dominant?

Postby Elaine910 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:20 am

I think I am both, depending on the scene, what is needed at that part of the story. I do find that I'm better at dialogue though, it comes more naturally because I "hear" the characters talking. Description can be challenging, I just want to get on with the story! I guess I'm a little impatient. Dialogue seems to speed the story up, keep it moving, because you can say so much in such a short amount of time, with the words your characters use and their gestures, facial expressions.

guydevalmont
Private E-1

Re: Are you description or dialogue dominant?

Postby guydevalmont » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Previous

Return to Conversation question