[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Book Trailers : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Book Trailers

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Book Trailers

Postby Noizchild » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Who does these and are they effective?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

pls
Site Admin

Re: Book Trailers

Postby pls » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:17 pm

They're a lot of work for what little return you get from them.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

tinachris
Private E-1

Postby tinachris » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:18 pm

The only time I've ever seen a book trailer work effectively on YouTube is when it's been very clever or controversial and "gone viral" (at least to some extent), and then the book it's promoting is priced really cheap ($1 or less). If people are intrigued by the video, they think, "What the heck, I'll pay a few cents for the e-book."

That said, creating a "very clever or controversial" video/trailer, is arguably harder than writing a really good book and requires a very different skill set. There's just so much video content online, breaking through all of it with a successful trailer is, in my opinion, harder than breaking through the publishing business with a successful, best-selling book. In fact, if you do succeed with creating a successful book trailer, you might consider scrapping the book writing stuff and produce short-form online videos instead. Good luck to you, though.

Elease Singh
Private E-1

Postby Elease Singh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:35 am

Make sure the message on your book trailer is authentic to your overall brand. The tone and feel of the video should reflect your book content.

markwill212
Private E-1

Postby markwill212 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 am

I have seen a book trailer just a couple of weeks and it was so good. The publisher must be soo good!

Return to Promotional Tips