New to Writers Digest-Beginner Writer

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
Nanacat
Private E-1

New to Writers Digest-Beginner Writer

Postby Nanacat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:58 pm

I am new to Writers Digest and just beginning to submit some of my writings. Anyone have any suggestions?
I have never published anything but love to write. I have lots of stories I have written, however feel like they need a lot of work and revision.

DrG2
Colonel

Re: New to Writers Digest-Beginner Writer

Postby DrG2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:23 pm

If you think they need a lot of work, they probably do. Post one on the appropriate board, but don't assume the first person to give you feedback is correct. Then think about it.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 pm

if they need a lot of work, then it's too early to be thinking about where to submit them... once you've got some edited and polished to a faretheewell, it's well worth $5 to check out the venues listed on www.duotrope.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 am

Polish them the best way you can, and start submitting. No writer is a good judge of his or her own writing, and sometimes what we think is lousy writing sells first time out. The reverse is often true, as well. What we think is our best writing often never sells.

Return to FAQs