[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
HOW DOES ONE SEND A PDF FILE : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

HOW DOES ONE SEND A PDF FILE

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

HOW DOES ONE SEND A PDF FILE

Postby LilliesCarol » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am

I'm not computer smart, so need some help. My computer guru set up a pdf (Nitro) system which works with my computer (Adobe does not). This Nitro system seems to be quite nice and somehow I was able to put my novel into Nitro as a pdf file. Now I want to send this to my friend who is a reporter and said he would edit the novel, but I don't know how to email it. There is an icon that says email, but when I bring it up it tells me I do not have an email connection to Nitro and I should set one up. Does anyone know what I am talking about and would you kindly PM me so that I can follow the instructions you give me, hopefully, step by step. DARN HOW I WISH THEY
TAUGHT COMPUTER'ESE BACK IN 1946 WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Re: HOW DOES ONE SEND A PDF FILE

Postby pls » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

bupaje
Sergeant

Postby bupaje » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 am

To add to what @pls said, there is usually a button that says 'Attach' or 'attach a file' or there may be a picture of a paper clip. Then you usually get a 'Browse' button and have to find your file, click 'OK' or 'Submit' or similar and then you should see some sort of icon or message showing the attachment.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:53 pm

You open whatever your own e-mail is, hit the attache button, browse for the PDF, and that's it.

But did the reporter ask for a PDF? PDFs are a pain in the butt to edit, and require special software than most do not have.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks every one. I fooled around til I finally found how to send it. He received it and he is smart enough to put it into a form he can work with. Thanks so much for all the advice.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to FAQs